Did you know that exfoliating your skin regularly is the right way to ensure baby soft skin?
Exfoliating your skin regularly can help you remove the dead layers of your skin. It cleans up your body and after you have exfoliated your skin, you need to ensure that you have applied a good quality moisturiser.
- Whenever you use a scrub to exfoliate, ensure that your body is wet. The scrubs spreads well in a wet body. You can use a scrub even in the shower.
- Do not mix facial scrubs with body scrubs. Body scrubs are harsher and can damage the sensitive skin of your face. And the facial scrubs are milder so they may not really exfoliate your body well!
- While using a body scrub, take a generous amount and dab it on to your body. Use circular motions to exfoliate the dead skin. And once you are done with scrubbing, leave it on for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Elbows, knees , heels need that extra attention, so scrub a little more on those parts. If you have cracked heels, use a mild baby shampoo along with the scrub. Use a foot cleaner tool and massage your heels with it. Apply a nourishing body oil on your heels post the bath.
- Rinse off the scrub completely. You can follow the exfoliation regime at least twice a week for a softer skin.
- On the days that you do not use the scrub, you can invest in a good soap that has a mild scrub. The soap and scrub will clean the dirt and the grime really well.
- Use gentle and natural scrubs that will not be very harsh on your skin. As I mentioned earlier have separate exfoliators for your body and face. You can buy some good natural and organic scrubs here.
- You can also try body polishes as well as face polishes. I have tried the Auravedic Sandal and Turmeric Skin polish that works wonders for any type of skin. You feel really refreshed post its use.
- Do follow it up with a good quality moisturiser that will keep your skin soft all through. Remember not to go overboard with the moisturiser because it is summer now! Too much of moisturiser may just make you sweaty!
- Clean your feet : Excessive sweating can cause your feet to smell, so use a good quality foot soak that will not only ensure that you do not have smelly feet, but also relax those tired feet at the end of a hectic day.
- Don’t miss the lips! Use a mild scrub to exfoliate your lips regularly. If you can’t find a lip scrub, you can try this DIY scrub which is very easy to make.The Sugar and Cinnamon Lip Scrub. This is something that I tried out when I saw a cinnamon and sugar lip scrub in the market. Take half a teaspoon of very fine sugar and one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Mix this with a teaspoon of olive oil. Scrub your lips with this to exfoliate them. Wipe it off with a tissue paper or with warm water. Your lips will feel moisturized.
About the author: My name is Pratibha and I am guest blogger with Natural Mantra. I have made a conscious move towards everything organic and natural. And I like to review products that fall under that category, mostly beauty products. I also share some DIY recipes that are absolutely simple and easy to make. Why make things at home? That is because my days are crammed with working from home, managing the daily chores and two hyper active twin boys vying for my attention all the time. I’d be lucky if I could save my sole lipstick from the ever inquisitive kid of mine who is keen to know how the lipstick fits in the case!!