Our face is the most important part of us when it comes to making a first impression. With a glowing face and a smile, the world is at your feet! At times we look at other women and envy their spotless complexion, radiant with health. We think that they are either naturally blessed with such good skin, or they must have a lot of spare time and money to pamper themselves.
Guess what? We have some good news that will break this misconception of yours. With a little time and attention, you too can get a spotless complexion and healthier-looking skin. We are not going to give you quick fixes or solutions that involve harmful chemicals or expensive trips to the parlor…our fix is totally natural and long-term!
Today, we will explore the world of Natural Face Packs. Now you might have used face packs only during special occasions like weddings, anniversaries or birthdays while getting a facial done. But did you know that a regular use of face packs without a facial can get you that healthy and radiant skin that they flash at you in skin-care advertisements?
The purpose of applying a face pack is to draw out impurities, to close the pores, remove any rough scaly surface on the skin and tighten the facial muscles. Using the pads of your fingertips spread the pack gently over the face. Use the palms of your hands to spread the pack over your neck. Do not apply the pack on thread veins if you have them. Relaxation plays an important part here.
Settle yourself in a comfortable armchair or even better, lie on your bed. If you lie down, put some pillows under your legs to raise them slightly. This helps in relaxation. When you are using a face pack it is better to cover your eyes with cotton wool pads squeezed out in cold water or preferably rose water.
If you have an oily skin, leave the mask on for about 10 minutes. For dry and combination skins, leave the mask on for about 5 minutes. Set an alarm clock so that you can really relax. If your skin feels tight and uncomfortable, do not wait for the recommended time, and remove the face pack immediately.
Remove the mask with water and cotton wool. Lightly swab off the face pack, taking care not to drag the skin. After that dab on some skin tonic if you have combination or dry skin and astringent if your skin is oily. If your skin is very dry, use a little moisturizer. Do not apply make-up immediately after applying face pack as your skin may go blotchy.
Identifying your skin type is a very important part because if you make a mistake there, nothing else will work out. We suggest you consult an experienced skin expert for the same. Make a thorough note of your skin problems as well (like acne, dark spots, freckles, pimple marks, etc.) that you want to target, one at a time. If you have got this right, well. half your work is done!
Next, set aside one day of the week when you would have some spare time for your skin (Sundays are a good day to pick). Now you have an option of either making a face pack at home or buying a natural face pack from a trusted source http://www.naturalmantra.com. First, let us look at the various types of face packs that you can create from the readily available ingredients at home. We have categorized them into skin types to make the choice easier for you.
- For Dry Skin: Mix a tablespoon of honey with a teaspoon of honey and apply on your face.
- For Normal Skin: Mix milk powder, a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a few drops of almond oil and make a paste. Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- For Sensitive Skin: Mash 1/4th of a banana and mix it with 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of sour cream. Apply and wash off after 10 minutes.
- For Lightening Dark Skin: Combine a tablespoon of gram flour with 2 tablespoon raw milk and few drops of lime juice and apply on your face and neck.
If you don’t want to make a face pack at home, you can pick up a natural face pack too. Here are a few ingredients that you should look out for specific skin type and problems:
- Rose face pack: Good for anti-aging and beneficial for sensitive, dry and mature skin.
- Sandalwood face pack: Reduces wrinkles, blemishes, dark patches or pigmentation.
- Mint face pack: Heals eruptions like pimples and black heads and erases their marks
- Ubtan: For a natural long-lasting glow
- Neem face pack: Cleanses and rejuvenates the skin and helps get rid of pimples
Try to make these face packs in smaller quantity as fresher packs are better to use. If you have some extra left, you can refrigerate it for applying the next week, but don’t store it for longer than a week.
Keep the following things in mind while applying a face pack:
- Before applying the face pack, make sure that there is no residual make-up or any other cosmetics on your skin. Clean your face thoroughly with a gentle face wash and use a cleanser too if required.
- Do not assume that the longer you keep the face pack on for, the more the benefit. A face pack should only be left on for up to a maximum of 15 minutes. Any longer than that, it will cause more harm than good, like causing wrinkles and sagging skin.
- It is not necessary to use a face pack only when you do a facial. A face pack can safely be used once every week.
- Wash the face pack with room temperature water only. Do not scrub or scratch it as it will damage your skin.
- After you use a face pack, there are a lot of open pores on your skin. It is important to close them otherwise dust and other impurities can enter in it. You can close these pores by rubbing some ice on your face for a while.
- Never apply a face mask anywhere near the eyes. They will not help you get rid of dark circles, but will cause damage to the sensitive area around your skin. These are separate packs and gels available for baggy eyes and dark circles.
- The bowl and brush that you use for mixing your face pack should be sterilized by cleaning in hot water.
- Avoid chemical-based face packs as far as possible. They might show good results in the short run, but they will leave long-term side effects on your skin.
Now it is your turn to be the envy of others with a healthy and glowing face that just needs a smile for make-up! Do let us know your thoughts, personal favourites, and if you have tried any of our suggested face packs, did you like the results? We look forward to hear from you!
In our fast paced lives, a sustainable lifestyle shouldn’t be a struggle, but it sometimes is. Our online e-commerce provides the largest selection of natural, organic and eco-friendly products in India making it accessible and affordable to all. At NaturalMantra.com you can choose from a wide selection of safe, healthy non-toxic products, all at one place delivered to your door! Not every product makes it to NaturalMantra.com but the ones who do make it through our selection criteria.
We love hearing for you and encourage you to leave us a comment and connect with us here:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/naturalmantra
Blog : https://naturalmantra.wordpress.com/
Email : email@example.com
Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/naturalmantra