With the festival of lights knocking on the door, a majority of us have already stocked up, or have at least decided on, gifting options for our family and friends. Yes, Diwali is not just about sharing the joy and happiness with the ones you care, but also the spreading a general sense of enlightenment and contentment. And it really helps to plan and prepare for such festivities.
We have identified 5 essential products that any household must have before festive tidings come flooding in.
- Take for instance, the Aloe Vera Gel, which has an intrinsic property of being anti-septic and heals skin inflammation, infections, allergies, blisters and even insect bites. Besides these, aloe vera gel keeps the skin hydrated and is effective in removing tan too. Being an almost instant remedy for burns, it is quite a handy product during Diwali, especially if you have kids at home.
- No Indian festival is complete without prayers being offered to the deity and foreheads being marked with crimson-red kumkum paste. During Diwali, and in puja ceremonies across households, Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped as a symbol of good luck and prosperity. Traditionally KumKum has been observed as a mark of devotion and forms one of the most important ingredients in a puja thali.
- When it comes to decking up during Diwali, we Indians do like to leave no stone unturned. Whether it’s ourselves, or our home, we do take our appearance, well-being and our living ambience seriously. It’s only natural that when it’s Diwali, we’d ensure that our Home Sweet Home reflects positivity. How, do you ask? Indie Eco Candles Pink Jasmine is a handcrafted candle which is made with vegetable wax instead of the regular synthetic paraffin wax that is packed with petrochemicals. And who doesn’t like some clean, green and non-toxic fragrance to fill up their living space! The aroma of essential oils infused into the candles is long-lasting and naturally uplifting. It only gets better with Pink Jasmine in particular as it promotes relaxation, reduces stress, while elevating feelings of happiness, contentment and confidence. Now isn’t that a relief!
- There’s more ways one can celebrate the festive spirit! Let us not forget to stock up on the oh-so-important dry fruits. Cashews, to be specific. It’s almost hard to find a home during Diwali which has not yet hoarded up on cashew nuts. And why should we not! Don’t they just taste fabulous? Add to this the peace of mind that comes with knowing that these cashews from Natural Mantra are organic and contain zero cholesterol. And we’re sure when we tell you that these nuts are coated with real, flavourful saffron, you’d find it irresistible!
- And finally, how can the spirit of Diwali ever be complete without sharing good wishes. Sharing what we consider important to us with friends, family and others, is the first step towards bridging gaps and narrowing differences. Such is our culture that an unexpected gift, no matter how small, is always received with arms wide open. So, why not make a kind and thoughtful gesture and communicate your wishes with greeting cards? Make no mistake. Not all greeting cards are the same. For instance, Omved Plant card – Prosperity is eco-friendly; has no dyes, additives, or chemicals; and made using 100% recycled ingredients. And to top it off, there’s a printed message on this card which is the Sanskrit bij mantra shreem for ‘prosperity’.
With still a week left to capitalize on, wouldn’t you hurry already? Share your happy thoughts on the same and if perchance there’s something that we’ve missed that you think counts as important as a Diwali essential, leave us a line below. It’s always great to hear the thoughts of kindred spirits, who believe in holistic, healthy living.
Here’s wishing you a safe, prosperous and Happy Diwali!