Summer time is Mango time! Eating into the bright yellow, sweet and tender flesh of the juiciest mangoes is one of the few pleasures of life everyone indulges in. Mangoes are delicious and absolutely addictive, since you can’t stop at just one! But did you know that mangoes boast of numerous health benefits, including boosting your sex life? Be it the ripe fruit, mango leaves or an unripe green mango, they all contribute to improving your overall health.
Eating mangoes regularly is beneficial to the body in many ways, namely:
- BETTER SEX – The vitamin E that is abundantly present in mangoes helps regulate sex hormones and boosts sex drive! People complaining of a low libido should eat a lot of mangoes.
- LOWERS CHOLESTEROL – Rich in dietary fiber, Vitamin C and pectin, mangoes help in lowering bad cholesterol levels in your body. They relieve you of LDL levels of cholesterol in the body; high LDL levels can cause heart attacks and strokes. Mangoes also contain pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) which is responsible for augmenting the chances of heart attack.
- ANTI-CANCER – The phenols in mangoes and abundant enzymes have cancer-preventing capabilities. Mango is also high in soluble dietary fiber known as pectin. Scientists have identified a strong link between eating lots of fiber and a lower risk of cancer of the gastrointestinal tract. A cup of sliced mangoes, around 160 gms, contains 76 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant which helps protect cells from free radical damage and lower risk of cancer.
- EYE HEALTH – One cup of sliced mangoes provides 25 percent of the daily needed value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight. Eating mangoes regularly prevents night blindness, refractive errors, dryness of the eyes, softening of the cornea, itching and burning in the eyes.
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH – Mangoes contain digestive enzymes that help break down proteins and aid digestion. They also fight acidity and poor digestion, and help in regulating bowel movement due to their high fiber content.
- SKIN – Mangoes are effective in relieving clogged pores of the skin. They are very effective in controlling acne which is caused by clogged pores. Remove the mango pulp and apply it on your skin for about 10 minutes before washing it off. Eating mangoes regularly whitens the skin and makes it soft and shiny.
- CONTROLS DIABETES – Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood. Boil a few mango leaves in water and allow them to steep through the night. Filter and drink this water in the morning. The glycemic index in mangoes is low, between 41 and 60 and they do not have a significant effect in increasing blood sugar levels.
- ANAEMIC HEALTH – Mangoes are high in iron, so they’re beneficial for anemic people and pregnant women.
- BOOST MEMORY – Mangoes help boost the memory levels and concentration because they contain glutamine acid which keeps brain cells active.
- RELIEVES HEAT STROKE – Unripe mangoes, a rich source of pectin, when steamed and juiced with cumin, rock salt, and sugar, provide an excellent remedy for heat stroke and heat exhaustion in the summer.