What is the Pineal Gland, you might wonder? The pineal gland (also called the pineal body, epiphysis cerebra, epiphysis, conarium or the third eye) is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It produces the serotonin derivative melatonin, a hormone that affects the modulation of wake/sleep patterns and seasonal functions. Its shape resembles a tiny pine cone (hence its name), and it is located near the centre of the brain, between the two hemispheres, tucked in a groove where the two rounded thalamic bodies join.
The pineal gland is activated by light, and it controls the various bio-rhythms of the body. It works in harmony with the hypothalamus gland which directs the body’s thirst, hunger, sexual desire and the biological clock that determines our aging process. When it awakens, one feels a pressure at the base of the brain.
Activation of the third eye is something that carries into all aspects of life, namely,
1. Enhanced mental imaging
2. Clearer and more accurate perception of your life’s purpose
3. Enabling or enhancing one’s ability to see what is known as the “awareness matrix/grid”
4. Easier discernment of a person’s true intention
5. Easier Astral Projection
While the physiological function of the pineal gland has been unknown until recent times, mystical traditions have long known this area in the middle of the brain to be the connecting link between the physical and spiritual worlds. Many have said that awakening the third eye acts as a “stargate”. The pineal gland is seen as a gateway that leads to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness.
Calcification of the Pineal Gland:
Most people’s pineal glands are heavily calcified by the time they are 17 years old, so much so that they show up as a lump of calcium during an MRI. Calcification is the build up of calcium phosphate crystals in various parts of the body. The pineal gland begins to calcify due to the harmful effects of artificial substances such as flouride chemicals found in public water systems and toothpaste, hormones and additives put into processed foods and sugars and artificial sweeteners dumped into soft drinks. Cell phones are also being pinpointed as being harmful to the pineal gland due to high concentrations of radiation.
How to Decalcify your Pineal Gland:
The idea of having a calcified pineal gland can be likened to a door being glued shut. With constant pushing, the door will eventually break open. The best ways to decalcify your third eye are:
1. Avoid all things fluoride: Tap water, cooking with tap water, fluoridated toothpaste, inorganic fruits and vegetables, showers without filter, red meat, and any sodas and artificial food and drinks. It is difficult to stick to only organic fruits and vegetables, but it is important to start where you are and begin to make those changes where it is possible.
2. Pineal gland detoxifiers and stimulants: Hydrilla Verticillata, Chlorella, Spirulina, blue-green algae, Iodine, Zeolite, ginseng, borax, D3, Bentonite clay, chlorophyll, blue skate liver oil.
3. Foods: Raw cacao, goji berries, cilantro, watermelon, bananas, Honey, Coconut Oil, hemp seeds, seaweed, and noni juice.
4. Essentials Oils can be used to help stimulate the Pineal Gland and facilitate states of higher awareness including meditation, astral projection, etc. Good essential oils for Pineal Gland purposes include: Lavender, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Parsley, Davana, Pine, Pink Lotus, and Mugwort (excess use of Mugwort has a neurotoxin effect if inhaled directly, so be careful!). Essential oils can be smelled, burned in a diffuser or nebulizer, and added to bath water.
5. Citric acid: Lots of lemons work.
6. Garlic: Take about half a bulb a day or more for a while, if you crush it and soak in raw apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice, it will deodorize it. You can use the leftover vinegar or lemon juice on a salad.
7. Raw apple cider vinegar: Contains malice acid. Take a lot of it. Make sure it’s raw, as that is very important.
8. Sungazing: Gazing at the sun during the first 15 minutes of sunrise and last 15 minutes of sunset will do wonders for your pineal gland.
9. Regular Meditation and Chanting: Chanting causes the tetrahedron bone in the nose to resonate and this resonance causes the Pineal Gland to be stimulated and when it is stimulated it secretes more beneficial hormones, and remember: these beneficial hormones keep your appearance youthful. The sound “OM” resonates with the Fourth Chakra, known as the Heart Center. Chanting OM opens you up to a more universal and united awareness. You can chant 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or however long you desire to.
10. Crystals that benefit the Pineal Gland include: Amethyst (wand), Laser Quartz (wand), Moonstone, Pietersite, Purple Sapphire, Purple Violet Tourmaline, Rhodonite, Rose Aura, and Sodalite. However, any indigo, violet, or dark purple gemstone or crystal can be used to stimulate the Pineal Gland and open/balance/align the 6th and 7th Chakras. Placed directly on the 3rd eye or brow chakra for 15-30 minutes a day or every other day will help to open/balance/align the 3rd Eye (Brow) chakra. The best exercise for Pineal Gland stimulation and health is to take an amethyst obelisk crystal or an amethyst wand, point it at the 3rd eye (point of the wand should touch your skin) and look up directly at the Sun with your eyes closed. Do this everyday or whenever you feel like it for about 5-10 minutes. You can also use the Laser Quartz (wand) as well. Quartz crystal benefits every single chakra.