Diwali is around the corner and we are all busy cleaning our homes in readiness for the Festival! But do you know, many Home Cleaning Products we use are particularly harmful to us?
We know that exposure to toxic chemicals can lead to health problems. Unfortunately, some toxic chemicals are found where they’re least expected – in common, cleaning products. Eg: Ammonia can burn, bleach can irritate the skin, eyes and respiratory tract. Chemicals such as Triclosan are common in home cleaning and hygiene products, and are known to cause many problems, including asthma. Adding chemicals to your living space can have disastrous consequences. Why use this stuff?
Avoid Products with Toxic Ingredients
Adopting green living methods in your home is more important now than ever before. Reducing exposure to toxins is a process that happens slowly over time. Removing harmful garbage is of greater importance when you have pregnant women or young children at home.
Most retailers, like www.naturalmantra.com do offer organic cleaning products. But you can also make your own basic cleaning products. Homemade, organic cleaning products are a safe, natural alternative to toxic cleaning products. Such eco-friendly cleaning is gentle and powerful, without the chemicals or toxic fumes.
Here are some simple home cleaning solutions for a #CleanHome and #SwachchIndia!
- White vinegar dissolves grease and makes a great surface cleaner. Vinegar has an acidic nature and is antibacterial. Mix 1 cup of vinegar with water in a bucket and use to clean windows, mirrors, toilets and floors.
- Baking soda deodorizes and removes kitchen & bathroom stains.
- Lemon juice kills mold, cuts through grease, and leaves a streak-free shine. Combine lemon juice with vinegar or olive oil to make compound cleaning products that work harder and provide a natural scent.
- Hydrogen peroxide has a bubbling action that is amazing with hard-to-clean situations.
- Olive oil with lemon juice , when used to polish wood, moisturizes it and provides amazing shine with a fresh scent.
Going Natural is the best way to #SwachchBharat. Let’s #CleanIndia safely!