When you’re a teen, if you’re worried only about pimples, pocket-money and dates, in any order, then you are missing out on a big concern. Yes, Dark Circles under the eyes can attack any time, for a whole lot of reasons!
What are Dark Circles?
- These are large darker colored patches under and around the eye area.
- The thin layer of skin below your eyes show the blood vessels more clearly than anywhere else
- Dark circles are not a serious skin problem, but they make you look tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older.
What Causes Dark Circles?
There are many reasons. Both men and women of different age groups can have dark circles.
- Lack of sleep due to late-night parties or examination time cramming
- College or work related stress
- Tiredness, working too hard, increases cortisol in the blood, leading to more visible veins
- Puffy eyes are caused by water retention, which throw dark shadows in certain light
- Scratching or rubbing your eyes a lot
- Even sleeping on your stomach as a habit makes the blood tend to show through as dark circles
- An unhealthy diet – nutritional deficiency, dehydration, anemia
- Aging – as we age, our skin loses elasticity and becomes thinner
- Some medication also causes blood vessels to dilate, leading to dark circles
- Melanin produced due to sun exposure
- Heredity-Your genes can play a huge role here: something known as preorbital hyperpigmentation causes more melanin to be produced by the skin below the eyes, a condition that is more noticeable in darker skinned people.
How to Treat your Dark Circles
The best cure is changing your lifestyle! Get more sleep, hydrate and moisturize well, de-stress.
Star Under-eye Care early to delay their onset. Many natural hydrating ingredients stimulate the skin’s collagen production, keeping the skin firmer, younger and brighter. In fact, using natural and organically produced skin care products prevents and banishes dark circles most effectively.
Choose from Natural Mantra’s wide range of carefully curated natural Dark Circle Care products that contain proven ingredients like Gotukola, Ashwagandha, Green Tea, Cucumber and Almonds, among many more. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and ability to regenerate, and becomes thinner. You’ll never have to lose sleep over Dark Circles anymore!