Winter’s here. And your skin shows signs of it first… dryness, flaking, itching, and scaly patches. Isn’t it very, very uncomfortable and embarrassing too when you are in company?
You might be planning to get expensive beauty procedures, and chemically formulated skin care products to get that baby soft skin you so crave. But why do that when you have so many popular, natural or herbal home care methods to maintain dry skin – like applying honey, almond oil, lemon, gram flour and fruit masks. Here are some basic precautions and actions you can take:
Winter Tips to keep Skin Supple
- Wear warm clothes made of silk, wool, etc.
- Keep baths short, avoid very hot showers
- Use less soap and do not rub your skin
- Do not wash your face frequently
- Perform about 30 minutes of aerobic exercise thrice a week.
Prevent Winter Dryness with Winter Skin Care Diet
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Include milk, ghee, honey, and cane juice in the diet
- Avoid junk foods, ice creams and milkshakes
- Sweet, salty and citrus fruits are a must
- Apply thick, creamy moisturizers just after a bath when the skin is still damp.
If your skin still gets dry and itchy, choose from a mind-boggling range of carefully curated organic & natural body & face care products here. They contain herbal ingredients like aloe vera, azafran, patchouli, tea tree, essential oils, fruits, calendula, almonds…log on and celebrate your skin!