How often have you enjoyed your hot cuppa chai with the aroma of ginger!? Many would say, at every tea-break at work, or whenever it is rainy!
Ginger – the time-tested wonder spice that infuses life into tea has so many health benefits and has been used in Ayurveda over the centuries so much, that it is a virtual treasure-chest of medication!
Ginger-infused, digestion–friendly chai is a household favorite, and it is grandma’s favorite antidote for battling cold and flu. What’s more, ginger can even be grown in a pot on your window-sill! Let’s look closer at this magical brown root.
Ten Great Benefits of Ginger
- Don’t have an appetite, or feel hungry enough? Eat a few slivers of fresh ginger just before lunch to wake up a dull appetite and fire up your digestive juices!
- Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients.
- Sinuses blocking up your life? Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including sinuses that tend to flare up frequently.
- Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, ideally tossed in a little honey. Yumm!
- Stomach cramps make you moan and groan? Chew up on ginger.
- Joint pain troubling you? Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. It brings relief from aching muscles and joints. Just add a few drops of ginger essential oil in your bathwater.
- Just had surgery? Chewing ginger after an operation helps conquer nausea.
- Not feeling perky enough in the bedroom? Try adding a gingery zest to a bowl of soup. (shhh… Ayurvedic texts say ginger has definite aphrodisiac properties)
- Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater!
- Plus, ginger is a great way to spice up your food! Whether it is in a Basmati Herb Rice with finely chopped garlic, ginger, green chilies and fresh cilantro leaves; or a dash of ginger in your juice; or a zingy dessert with grated ginger on your vanilla panna cotta or strawberry sorbet to wake up the flavor, there’s no beating ginger at flavor, aroma and taste!
What are you waiting for?! Go grate up some ginger for its heady aroma now. Do also check out this array of natural & organic ginger products now!