With the increase in skin care awareness we have started taking special care of our body regardless of our age. And for that we have started using different skin care, face care, hand, palm and even foot care products, but what about the cutest part of your face?? Your lips. Lips are the part of your body grabbing the most attention of everyone with its charm. If not taken proper care of, your lips can become dull, dry and cracked.
Many of us love using lip balms.Especially those that come with nice scents and delicious flavor. You love the way they keep your lips smooth, soft and moisturized especially during cold nights. But do you know what your favorite lip balms may contain?
There are many lip balms available in the market filled with chemicals, artificial colour, petroleum, soy, and cheap fillers which looks good and may even make your lips look nice initially, but over time they can damage your lips.
Some of these lip balms consider only the beauty aspect, ignoring the health benefits and soft character of the skin on lips. Such products, gradually, will damage the natural color, softness and glow of the lips.
Whether you wish it or not the lip balms always end up in your mouth. So if we use chemical filled lip balms, then indirectly we are consuming chemicals, which is obviously harmful for us!!
So do you love your lips? Then why take the risk?
What you need to be aware of is that not all lip balms are the same. As lips are very much sensitive it needs try to use an Organic or Natural Lip Balm. These are one of the best lip balms for your lips. Make sure that you go for ones that are labeled organic or at least all-natural.
Below are the Top 5 Organic Lip Balm benefits:-
- Chemical-Free Beauty:Traditional lip balms might contain primarily synthetic ingredients such as petrochemicals and manufactured ingredients for coloring, fragrance and therapeutic benefits. Organic lip balms use strictly natural ingredients to provide color and promote softness and moisture. For example, many organic lip balms include ingredients such as beeswax, cocoa butter, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
2.Cruelty-Free Beauty:In addition, many organic lip balm manufacturers are committed to creating only products that don’t harm animals and that are ideal for people who practice a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. They don’t use any ingredients derived from or tested on animals, and they don’t conduct any animal testing themselves.
3.Eco-Friendly Beauty: Non-organic lip balms sometimes contain ingredients that can harm the environment, either through how they’re derived or how they’re manufactured. Many of these balms, for example, contain petroleum-based products, which is obtained by drilling into the earth. They may also contain synthetic products that are manufactured and may produce byproducts that can damage the environment. Organic lip balms, however, contain natural components that often have far less impact on air, water, and soil.
4.All weather protection:Organic lip balms protect your lips from the elements. The natural ingredients in organic lip balms serve as a natural shield against sun, wind and cold weather.
5.Health Benefits:Organic lip balms are naturally delicious. The scents and flavors used in organic lip balms also come from all-natural ingredients so they are yummy but do not put your health at risk.
Natural Bath and Body Wild cherry Lip Balm 15 gm-With its luscious base of naturally derived organic oils and butters, Wild Cherry Lip Balm creates a rich protective layer on the delicate skin of your lips. It actively heals dry and chapped lips, maintaining their healthy glow through the scorching summer sun as well as the dry winter spell. With lingering hints of wild cherry, this blend of plant-based essences is safe to use as often as you like.
It is suitable for All Skin Types.
Hydrate and protect lips naturally with this nourishing 100% natural lip balm. This healing balm is loaded with 5 pure oils that are rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids, to nourish, condition and soften lips.
- Kokum Butter, one of nature’s richest emollients, soothes and moisturises dry lips and seals in hydration.
Shea Butter lends extra moisturising and nourishing feast to the lips
Macadamia, Sunflower and Sweet Almond form a nourishing and hydrating base while protecting from the sun.
Mint oil refreshes.
Deliberately formulated to be very slightly aromatic and also coats thin and not sticky like commercial vaselin based balms. This hydrating natural lip balm provides quick relief to severely dry lips leaving them feeling smooth and healthy for hours.
Vegetal Lip Balm-Vegetal Lipbalm is a best natural lip balm that is enriched with the goodness of ‘Bio-Active extract’ of Alkanna tinctoria (Ratanjot) to make your lips naturally pink.
- Made with unique natural formula making it suitable for all weather conditions
- Contains natural bio-active extracts of Ayurvedic herbs
- Ideal for dry and chapped lips during winters
Have you ever tried making Lip Balm at home..?? Give it a try..
- 2 teaspoons of organic beeswax
- 1.5 teaspoons of organic coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons of organic coco butter
- 1 teaspoon of unrefined shea butter
- 4 teaspoons of organic olive oil
- Optional: natural color and/or pure essential oil like mint or orange for flavor
- Melt all ingredients in a double boiler. You can use a metal bowl and small pan of water if you do not have one.
- Whisk as everything melts. Be careful to not overheat and remove once the beeswax has become liquid.
- Pour into tubes or pots using a plastic funnel.
- Allow to cool and cap when filled.
Give lips the perfect subtle shine, and make them crazy soft with delicious lip balms.