Lipsticks are known as a woman’s best friend. No matter what, you are sure to find one of these hidden in every woman’s handbag or closet. We have seen it on almost every woman. We place it on our lips and it does make us more attractive, sophisticated in fact more woman. It is one of things we declare that we are ready to become women.
This cosmetic has been with mankind for quite a while. However, one thing to be noted here is that it did not begin in the early twentieth century or the century before that. The origins of lipstick lie in the mists of time; in the beginnings of human civilization in fact.
Lipstick ingredients may vary widely from manufacturer to manufacturer, but most tend to have common elements. They all want to perform the same job, and that’s to make your lips as pretty as possible. Although women don’t usually make an effort to eat their lipstick, any time you lick your lips, eat or drink anything, trace amounts of lip color do get ingested. Even though the lead was found in trace amounts in most cases, for anyone concerned about taking in harmful chemicals, this was a wake-up call to the makeup industry and to consumers, especially when you hear that reportedly, we consume approximately four pounds of lipstick in our lives!
Typical Lipstick Ingredients
Check out some of the ingredients in this lipstick – they’ll have you thinking twice about what you put on your pout.
- Wax: Whether it’s beeswax, candelilla wax, or camauba wax, this is the ingredient that allows the mixture to take that recognizable lipstick shape. Wax enables the lipstick to be formed into a tube.
- Oil: Mineral, lanolin, castor or vegetable oil are added to the wax. These first two ingredients make up the majority of your lipstick.
- Preservatives and antioxidants: This keeps your lipstick fresh, safe and prevents it from going bad.
- Pigment: This is, of course, the color, which varies widely. Some women love pink; others love red or peach. There are so many different colors of lipstick that most women have several tubes at their disposal.
- Fragrance: This ingredient is usually only present in small amounts and should smell pleasant.
The proportions and formulations are what give each lipstick its own properties. The way lipstick ingredients are mixed and how each is used can make for a matte or creamier combination.
Obviously after knowing so many harmful ingredients that the lipsticks which we normally use contain, you must be deciding to switch to the safer & organic alternative. Especially when it is concerned to the most delicate & precious part of your body. Who wants to take the risk!!
Don’t worry!! You don’t have to stop using them. There are safer & natural alternatives available. Adopt to Chemical-Free lipsticks. There are Organic lipsticks available online in India.
Choosing a natural and organic lip crayon without coal tar derivatives, artificial colours or crushed insects means you can still enjoy wearing make-up, without worrying about what you are applying to your lips.
Here are a few Organic alternatives that are available online:
A lipstick that takes care of your lips. These lipsticks contain the goodness of clarified butter, Kokam butter (garcinia indica), beeswax. This creamy formulation locks in the moisture of your lips instantly & keeps them soft & supple throughout the day.
1. 100% Natural base
2. No side effects
3. Prevents –
b Lip cracking
c Blackening of lips
Choose from a variety of mind blowing colours. A few are listed below:
How To Keep Your Natural Lipstick On??
Lipsticks containing no lead, may not stay on for as long as you like. You just need to prep your lips a little and you are good to go.
- First, moisturize your lips, allow it to sink in.
- Bush a dusting of mineral powder on your lips, or use a concealer, colour entire lip with a natural lip liner and then apply your lipstick
- Pat with a tissue and apply lipstick again.
So if you’re a fire engine red kind of girl or a more natural, pale pink lady, the basic ingredients will still get you what you want:
That perfect pout!!