Looking for a healthy snack? Grab a bag of roasted almonds or a jar of almond butter to get your day started. But why not add our favorite healthy snack to our daily beauty routine? The oils that are extracted from almonds are packed with moisturizing properties, vitamins, and rich acids that make it perfect for our skin. After learning this, we knew we had to share all of its beauty secrets with you.
Our favorite part of almond oil is its moisturizing properties. It makes for the best body, hand, face, and hair moisturizers, plus it’s an awesome part of those facial oils we love so much. It’s extremely gentle, making if perfect for highly sensitive skin and it works to calm allergic reactions. Plus, almond oil can also brighten skin and help fight aging lines, both of which make for a daily moisturizer we can get behind.
If you’re still not convinced, know almond oil can work for your hair, too. Just a few drops of almond oil, and you’ll start seeing shiny, healthy strands.
Almond oil comes in two variants; bitter and sweet. The bitter almond oil is extracted from the bitter almonds that contain a glycoside called amygdalin which turns into toxic hydrocyanic acid on processing. Most almond trees growing in the wild produce bitter almonds that have varying degrees of this glycoside. They can have fatal consequences if ingested. Bitter almond oil does have some medicinal properties, and may be pretty safe for external application, but is better avoided due to the high risk of poisoning.
The sweet almond oil that comes exclusively from edible almonds (Prunus amygdalus var. dulcis) selectively cultivated for their sweet taste. It is the oil popularly used for skin and hair care. It has many culinary uses too. Let’s see how we can use this wonderful gift of nature to enhance our health and beauty.
The many benefits of Almond Oil:
Today’s agenda is to bring to spotlight the many benefits of almond oil, apart from it being a good-for-your-hair ingredient. Besides coconut oil, almond oil is also widely used as base or carrier oil by many hair oil manufacturing companies. Pure almond oil is excellent for hair and does wonders to dry and lifeless skin, nourishing it from root to tip.
Some of the most noticeable benefits are stated below:
- Almond oil is excellent for treating dandruff and hair damage.
- It also checks scalp infections and inflammation.
- It is enriched with Vitamins E and A, which are good for both skin and hair health.
- It can be used to treat acute skin infections like psoriasis and eczema.
- It acts as a skin nourisher facilitating skin lightening and tan removal.
- Its topical application can prove to be the best natural remedy for chapped lips, wrinkles, cracked heels, dry feet and hands.
- Sweet almond oil can also be used in cooking.
- Almond oil can also be used to massage the body and facilitate muscle relaxation.
How to use organic almond oil?
- Skin Hydration – Pour a few drops into your hand, rub your palms together and massage into dry skin.
- Reducing Fine Lines – Dab a small amount under eyes to soothe and nourish delicate skin.
- Daily Facial Moisturizer – Apply to face as a light day moisturizer.
- Massage – Rub into feet to soften callouses and ease tension.
- Stretch Marks – Rub into scars or stretch marks to help skin elasticity.
- Hot Oil Treatment – Warm in a pot of hot water. Massage into hair and scalp. Cover head for 1 or more hours. Shampoo and condition.
- Sensitive Skin – Organic sweet almond oil is known to soothe irritated skin.
- Dry Skin – Helps prevent ashy skin, chapping, chaffing and rashes as well as cracked and rough skin.
- Protection from the Elements – For use on skin that has been overexposed to wind, sun and arid climates.
Mitti Se Pure Almond Oil: It is easily absorbed and is a natural moisturiser, therefore suitable for all skin types. It is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E, and as a result is great for the skin. It balance moisture and helps to nourish the skin. Also, almond oil has a fine texture, so will not leave skin feeling greasy or block pores.
InLife Almond Oil 60 Vegetarian Capsules: Rich in monosaturated and polysaturated fatty acids as well as in vitamin E, Almond oil is used for a range of beauty and health related purposes. Thanks to its healing, moisturising and exfoliating properties, almond oil is used for a multitude of beauty, skin and baby care products.
Anti-ageing Recipe Using Almond Oil:
- Using water that is lukewarm, gently cleanse your face to remove makeup and/or dirt
- After heating a tsp. of almond oil mix in about two drops of Vitamin E extracted from a capsule.
- Now apply the resulting mixture on your face, gently massaging it in using your fingers.
- After about 10 minutes, use a wet towel to take it off
- Rinse you face with lukewarm water and then pat it dry
If you are to keep only one ingredient in your shelf for natural skin care, than that would be Almond Oil!