It’s summer time and you’re itching to discard your jeans for shorts! But summer can be harsh on the skin and body so it’s important that you learn to take care of yourself.
Every season needs a particular type of body care. You need to follow health care tips as per the season. During summer there is lot of heat persistent in the atmosphere, thus we need to take body care accordingly.
BODY CARE TIPS FOR SUMMER SEASON –
Skin Care & Clothes
1. The preliminary step for protection from sun’s heat is wear clothes that cover your entire body when you go out in the sun. This protects the body from excessive heat.
2. Wear light color cotton clothes that are loose enough to provide proper aeration. Light color clothes reflect the sun’s rays and reduce their intensity and harm due to the exposure.
3. Wear the cap or tie a scarf whenever you go out in the sun.
4. You need sun protection to avoid tanned and dry skin. Sun damage can happen whenever you come in contact with harmful UV rays- if you go outside, be sure to use a high SPF sunscreen and reapply it frequently and liberally.
5. Do use safe sunscreen lotions to protect your skin from the ultraviolet rays emitted from sun.
6. In summer excessive sweating is common so you are likely to suffer from rashes, rosacea, acne on the face as well as your back, tanning, prickly heat, hair damage, skin infections and sunburn.
Increase the amount of the fluids you drink daily as body needs a lot of fluid during the summer season as the body fluids are lost due to the prominent sweating due to the heat.
7. Eat a balanced diet as digestion problems are common in the heat. Drink a lot of fresh juices and eat fruit.
8. Sleep well to keep your health up to date. About 7 to 8 hours of sleep is necessary during the summer season as it helps all the body processes to take place properly.
Enjoy your summer holidays safely, have fun and be happy & sunny!