Why is Organic clothing the fashion rage the world over?! India, as the original fashion capital of the world (remember, mere mortals from the world over braved the high seas to reach India for her silks and cottons!!!) – leads in contemporary Organic Fashion – Clothing & Accessories, for men & women!!!
What is Organic Clothing?
Organic clothing is made of all-natural, non-synthetic materials and is a part of the organic agriculture movement. This emphasizes farming and processing that work with nature and help minimize air, soil and water pollution. Organic clothing materials come from plants that have not been radiated, genetically modified or treated with synthetic or chemical pesticides. Organic fabrics like cotton, wool, silk, Bamboo and hemp meet regulations set by Organic Trade Associations.
What is SAFE about Organic Clothing?
To understand this, we need to understand the Dangers of Non-organic Clothing. These are often the source of contact dermatitis, an allergic reaction. The dyes, resins and formaldehyde used in processing fabrics could cause reactions. Synthetic fibers and wool can act as irritants.
The World Health Organization estimates that pesticides poison at least 3 million people every year . Over half of the pesticides used in cotton cultivation as likely to cause cancer in humans . Many pesticides have been shown to cause a range of other health concerns in humans, like:
- Neurological Disorders
- and Birth Defects.
Children exposed to methyl parathion, an insecticide, are observed to suffer memory loss and emotional swings.
What is GREEN about Organic Clothing?
It is Fashion with Responsibility! Clothing and fabrics made using entirely non-chemical means of production – including chemical fertilizers and pesticides is a sustainable means of living in co-existence with Nature. Organic agricultural methods are totally sustainable, helping reduce the Carbon Footprint. Plus, Organic farming also uses 50 percent less energy than conventional farming .
Benefits of Organic Clothing
- The environmental benefits of organic clothing stem from the fact that growers produce cotton without synthetic fertilizers or toxic herbicides and pesticides, from non-genetically engineered seed.
- Authentic organic fabrics and clothing can help the environment in a number of ways:
- No chemical pesticides are used
- Organic cotton farming produces far less CO2 emissions – Organic farming takes 1.5 tonnes of CO2 per acre per year, taken out of the atmosphere
- Organic cotton farming uses up to 60% less water than conventional farming methods
- Pesticide or herbicide residues are not released accidentally into the environment
- Humans and animals are not exposed to chemical pesticides or herbicides
- When the fabric is discarded, pesticides and herbicides are not returned to the earth in landfill, or enter into the recycling process.
An easy way to stock up on fine yoga clothes and casual organic clothing is to check out the comprehensive range here at Natural Mantra. Take a look at the showcase!!!
Think Organic, wear Organic. Today!